Sunday, December 3, 2017

…. and he will direct your paths

The following is a paraphrase of the context of the above partial quote from Proverbs 3:5, 6. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not trust in your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge and submit to Him, and He will direct your paths and make them straight.

This morning, I am marvelling at just how faithful He is with his promises, and in particular in directing my paths, sorting out my confusion, and overruling in my affairs. What happened is that he has just overruled in a decision that I now see would likely have had negative consequences for a very long time! I had made an offer on a house that I am assured is a fair price in the current market. And I had told the Lord “If this is of you please open the door, and if this is not of you please close it.” I had in mind the Scripture which says “I open and no one can shut, and shut and no one can open” (Revelation 3:8).

As it happened, there were other considerations that came to light only after the offer was rejected. I had to try the door, but now with 20/20 hindsight, I am very happy the door remained firmly closed.

Father, thank You that this relationship with You is very practical, and that I can trust You to guide me when I submit all my plans to You. Your words says that Your ways are higher than my ways, and Your thoughts higher than my thoughts (Isaiah 55:8). In particular You see the whole picture, and so it is only good and right and proper that I acknowledge You in everything. You are a good, good Father, and I love You and I thank You for Your guidance. In Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment