Wednesday, December 27, 2017

In Him are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (Colossians 2:3)

As a pure mathematician, I have been fascinated by the depth, beauty and complexity of mathematics. I believe that mathematical knowledge is infinite. I say “believe,” because I cannot prove it, but what I do know is that the more I know, the more I realize I don’t know. Of course it being infinite would make sense if it was part of the design of an infinite God.

No matter what you believe about evolution, it is very clear to me that it cannot explain the change from non-life to life. The famous atheist Antony Flew shocked to the world in 2004 by announcing that while he had not embraced Christianity, he had come to believe in a God. I can I think, do no better in three paragraphs, than to allow him to describe his gradual evolution of thought as he sought out the hidden treasures of wisdom and knowledge (the quote that follows is taken from an interview with Dr. Benjamin Wiker)!

“With every passing year, the more that was discovered about the richness and inherent intelligence of life, the less it seemed likely that a chemical soup could magically generate the genetic code. The difference between life and non-life, it became apparent to me, was ontological and not chemical. The best confirmation of this radical gulf is Richard Dawkins' comical effort to argue in The God Delusion that the origin of life can be attributed to a "lucky chance." If that's the best argument you have, then the game is over. No, I did not hear a Voice. It was the evidence itself that led me to this conclusion.”

Father, in Your Word You tell us that the invisible things from the creation of the world are clearly seen by the things that are made (i.e. us), so that we are without excuse (Romans 1:20). Thank You Father for bringing me out of denial, and into Your glorious light. Lord continue to open my eyes, and the eyes of those I love and pray for in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment