Friday, December 8, 2017

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search it out

When was the last time you played hide go seek? I am remembering a time years ago when my grandson was perhaps 2 or 3. I can still see the delight on his little face when he finally found me. How soon, and how quickly we lose the joy and delight of a child! How soon we lose the sense of wonder at the glory of our world.

As I left home this morning, the sun was just rising, and I was touched again by the glory of a sunrise. I always imagine the Lord waving at me from a sunset or sunrise. I feel Him beckoning to me to come closer, to go deeper. It’s almost like He is inviting me to play hide and go seek. But of course I’m far too sophisticated for that, right?

Father, forgive me that I so easily allow the busyness of life, my pride and a whole host of other things to detract to me from the child like faith You call me to. You call us Kings and priests (Revelation 1:6), and with the above verse from Proverbs 25:2, You invite us into a joyful journey of discovery of You in intimacy, and into a fascination of learning. You have shown me oh Lord, that there is always more. No matter how deep I go with You, I have merely scratched the surface! I ask You this morning oh Lord to help me to remove everything in my life, that robs and hinders me from the glory and joy of searching in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment