Monday, December 25, 2017

I bring you good tidings of great joy (Luke 2:10)

There is such irony in the fact that God intends the celebration of the birth of his Son to bring joy to the world, when so many, many people find Christmas difficult. But then, the One who He sent to bring joy, suffered more than anyone that I know!

And it was for the joy that was set before Him, that He endured the cross despising the shame (Hebrews 12:2). But then there is a thief, whose agenda is to kill, to steal and to destroy. But there is a bigger “but,” But Jesus came that we might have life in all its fullness (John 10:10). It’s not automatic, we have to embrace Him and His work on the cross, and apply it to our lives.

When we do this, we will no longer be stuck in the past, and we can have joy even in the midst of our trials. And I’m remembering now that Paul, who also suffered more than anyone I know, had this to say about his suffering “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us" (Romans 8:18).

Father, I thank You this morning that You have shown us the way to turn suffering into glory and joy. It’s not easy Lord, You more than anyone know that, but with You all things are possible. So I bring before You this morning Lord all who find this day difficult, and I ask You, the God of all comfort, to be with them today, and to comfort, strengthen and help them in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment