Tuesday, September 25, 2018

I can either be a big boy with a little Daddy, or a little boy with a great big Daddy

I am not talking about being childish here, I am talking about being childlike. I think we can take ourselves far to seriously, I know I can. And have been in danger of it recently. In looking for something in my journal this morning, I came across this entry where I was at a workshop and standing in line with a friend of mine waiting to be prayed for by one of the leaders. My friend has been something of a mentor to me from afar. I have always admired his warmth and friendliness, and his ability to see the good in others.

As we were talking I gave him a hug, and called him a bear. He told me that You had spoken to him about his being Winnie-the-Pooh. There were these incredible "coincidences" around this, including a little girl coming and giving him a Winnie-the-Pooh mug. There were lots of other things, I don`t remember them all. But there was this one this thing about honey, about honey being sweet – that Winnie-the-Pooh doing nothing but seeking honey. For my friend the honey is the presence of the Lord. He gave me a Winnie quote “It is too fine a day to be doing anything!” So I said well if you are Winnie-the-Pooh, then I must be Piglet, and I snuggle into him.

His wife (also standing there) then told me a Piglet story she had read to her granddaughter. Piglet was sad because he is small and cannot reach places the others can reach. The story ends well however, and Piglet is made happy because he discovers there are many places that he can go that the others cannot. When I finally get prayed for the leader simply prays that I might just have fun! If I am a big boy, just too sophisticate for this, then I dismiss all this as foolishness. But if I am a little boy with a great big Daddy, I see that He is gently telling me that I am taking myself far too seriously, and I need to have fun!

Father, thank You for drawing my attention to this incident years ago. In the context of it , I was wrestling, wrestling and wrestling. And I have been in danger of doing this again recently with a relationship gone sour, and my being blamed for it. And once again Lord You are showing me that I cannot make up for what the other person is either not willing or not able to give, and for teaching me the lesson I had to learn the hard way, that there is not a lot of point in talking when nobody is listening. So Father once again I am asking You this morning to help me to determine what is my responsibility and what it not. And to either let go, or to go the second mile. Please give me the wherewithal to do it which ever it is, and when it is to let go please give me the necessary serenity. Thank You Lord for Your wisdom and Grace in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment