Sunday, September 2, 2018

Part 2 - Not by might, not by power, but by my Spirit

Last day, I was blogging on this verse, about our part in the partnership we have with Holy Spirit. And this is not out of context with the spirit of this text from Zechariah 4:6, since Zerubbabel was tasked with rebuilding the temple against fierce opposition. The prophetic word had come to Zechariah “The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this temple; His hands shall also finish it” (Verse 9). So yes Zerubbabel was involved, he was the human agent. But it was not by his might, nor by his power, but by the Spirit of God. And because it would be finished, and because it was so far beyond Zerubbabel’s human ability to complete the task, the Lord would get the glory (also verse 9).

The relationship between the prophetic and the completion of the task is interesting. In a different context in David’s life at the point where he had been anointed king, but Saul was still on the throne, David encounters Goliath. And perhaps it was through the prophetic word knowing that he was going to be king, that gave him courage to face Goliath. Perhaps he was thinking to himself “Since I’m going to be king, when I go against this giant, I will defeat him, because if I don’t I will be dead and not King!”

In the natural both David’s and Zerubbabel’s tasks likely seemed impossible. But when God is involved, all things are possible. And He calls each and every one of us to tasks impossible in the natural. And since these tasks are impossible in the natural, He needs to give us His supernatural ability. And just as Aaron and Hur held up Moses’s arms so that victory would come (Exodus 17:12), so Holy Spirit comes and supernaturally empowers us to do what without Him is impossible.

Father, many of the prophetic words spoken over me seem totally impossible. But I choose today to believe and to declare what You have spoken over me to be true. I declare things that are not as if they are (Romans 4:17). Father, for too long too many of us have sold ourselves short! But I pray this morning Lord, that each and every one of us would dare to believe that what You say about us is true, and that we would contend for the kingdom of God to come, and the will of God to be done on earth through us, not by might not by power, but by Your Spirit in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment