Friday, March 2, 2018

No trial, no test, no temptation … God unable to deliver

Stuff happens! In 1 Corinthians 10:13, of which the above it is a partial Phil paraphrase, Paul talks about what God allows. And if I were God, then I would not have allowed what happened to a number of people I love, but then I’m not God. You may have noticed :-). So one of the questions I will ask Him when I get to heaven is why He has allowed some of the things that He has allowed. In the meantime I once again choose to trust Him.

Some of the translations of this verse talk about temptation, others about testing. This is because the Greek word thus translated, includes both temptation and testing. And the verse promises that God will not allow us to be tempted or tested above our ability to endure, but will with the trial or temptation, provide the way out, that we may be able to bear or endure it. And sometimes the provision for the way out, is the grace He gives in order to push through to victory! After all, this is what our forerunner did for us (Hebrews 12:2).

And I want to tell you this morning, of the joy and pride I feel when I see the determination in His saints to push through and obtain the grace He gives to stand. You see though I do not fully understand, I do know that God uses what He allows. In particular He uses the attacks of the enemy to take us higher, and deeper and further into his extravagant healing love and embrace.

Father, Your Word tells us to provoke one another to love and good works (Hebrews 10:24). And I thank You this morning for those of Your saints who challenge my life in this way. Father, thank You that You Yourself provoke such love and determination by Your own amazing example of extravagant sacrificial love. I ask You this morning Lord to lift us out of the ash heap, to establish our steps, to put a song of praise in our mouths, so that many may see and fear and put their trust in You (Psalm 40:1–3). In Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment