Thursday, March 29, 2018

The vessel was marred in the Potter’s hand

Have you ever came for the place in your life when you suddenly realized, that you had totally and absolutely blown it, and it was all your fault? Perhaps it was a job gone wrong, a marriage on the rocks, all your hopes and dreams totally and utterly smashed. It can be a very good place to be! I say “can be,” because actually it is a crossroads.

A friend of mine, and I have permission to relate this, tells of a time standing on a bridge ready to jump, when the Lord whispered to her that there is a better way, and that she should follow Him. And she did and she does, and she does it for His glory! In this morning’s quote from Jeremiah 18:4, the Lord had sent Jeremiah down to the potter to watch him. Elsewhere we are told that He is the Potter and we are the clay (Isaiah 64:8). But sometimes the clay is unworkable, resistant, stubborn, determined to have its own way. And we reap the consequences (Galatians 6:7), and this, many times brings us to our personal crossroads.

The quote from Jeremiah goes on to say that the Potter made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to Him. In this season of death and resurrection, it is good to be reminded that God never throws us away, that it is never too late to turn to Him, that He will redeem even our mistakes, and “restore the years that the locusts have eaten” (Joel 2:25). So the question is ”Will we let him?”

Father, there’s a song we used to sing “He made something beautiful of my life.” And I’m thanking You this morning Lord, that You are in the process of doing just that in my life, not in spite of what I have done, but because of what I have done, warts and all. It’s not in my strength that You receive the honour and the glory and praise, but rather in and through my weakness. In particular, if You can do what You have done for me, then You can do it for anyone. I bless You again this morning Lord in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment