Thursday, March 1, 2018

Those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires

I am being convicted this morning of overreacting to what in the broader view of things, are small irritations. And as I took this to the Lord He was showing me that what lies behind this, is that I am still acting out of childhood woundings. I have come to realize, that we all operate out of our woundedness. If we don’t feel safe for example, then we may feel the need to control our environment, which of course includes trying to control others.

But if we are operating in this way, we likely cannot tell ourselves that we are controlling. So what tends to happen is that we blame others for how we are feeling. And if there is nothing significant to blame them for, then we will likely blow up some small thing out of all proportion to the “sin.” What I am trying to say is that there are times when we are likely to find ourselves being picked at, over things that in the normal course of events would simply be overlooked.

And what I felt the Lord was showing me this morning, was that I I have this tendency to overreact to being picked at. And this is a problem, since it tends to happen all the time! In addition, I realized this morning that I am still irritated at something that took place over Christmas. Now I know that the way to deal with this, is to be calm, forgiving, loving, understanding and to overlook the offence. So why am I finding it so hard? Well the Lord is using these things to show me that what underlies this difficulty is that I am still acting out of the wounding I received from constantly being picked at in childhood. There are three things need to happen here, the first is that I need to forgive again the perpetrators of this childhood wounding. The second is that I need to confess my faults, and the third is that I need to ask the Lord to crucify, to put to death, my overreactions.

Father, after all that You have forgiven me for, how can I not forgive others? So I choose again this morning to forgive those who have wounded me. I claim the promise that when I confess my faults I will be healed (James 5:16), and I ask You to put to death my overreactive responses which is in essence are responses of the flesh, of the sinful nature (Galatians 5:24)! I want them gone Lord,because I know that they interferes with my ability to minister effectively to others. Thank you Lord for Your ongoing forgiveness, cleansing and healing in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment