Friday, September 8, 2017

I can be a big boy with a tiny Daddy, or a little boy with a great big Daddy

I was thinking this morning, that I will never outgrow the need to be reminded of the upside down kingdom. You know, the first shall be last in the last shall be first, and he who will be the ruler must be the servant of all. Jesus told us that unless we become as a little child, we cannot enter the kingdom.

I am thanking the Lord this morning, that he uses situations, circumstances and difficulties to remind us of these things. As I sat before Him this morning, He revealed to me that He has been working in a certain area of my life, working to have me totally release everything in this area to Him. I know Him well enough to know that He will have His way, and I can either cooperate with Him, or come to it kicking and screaming. The first way it is always the easiest.

So I can be a big boy with a tiny Daddy, or a little boy with a great big Daddy. I cannot be both! I was recently reminded of something that Graham Cook suggested. It was that we breathe in “Abba,” and breathe out “I am your little boy!” As I did that this morning I could tell him “I feel so secure!” A short time later I was feeling fear and insecurity. So I went back to breathing in “Abba” and breathing out “I am your little boy.”

Father, I choose this morning to be the little boy with a great big Daddy. Thank You that You know is so well. You know my frame, and You know I am but dust. I choose to trust You, and I choose to rest in You as my great big heavenly Daddy, in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment