Monday, September 25, 2017

Truly, you are a God who hides Himself Isaiah 45:15

When my eldest grandson was about 3 or 4, I took him into the house I had just bought to show him around. There was not a stick of furniture in the place, and he asked me if we could play hide and seek. “You hide Grandpa, and I’ll come and find you.”

I went into the furthest room, and hid in the closet. “I’m coming Grandpa are you in this room?” No! “Are you in this room Grandpa?” No! Eventually he comes in to the room where I was hidden in the closet. “Are you in this room Grandpa?” Yes! Remember there was not a stick of furniture in place, and he comes over to the closet opens the door, and his little face was shining. “I found you Grandpa!”

I was hiding for him, not from him. It’s the same with God, it’s all about the divine romance. He speaks to backsliding Israel in Jeremiah 29:13 and tells them “You will search for me and find me, when you search for me with all of your heart!” Note that this is not about searching with all of our mind, it’s all about searching with all of our heart.

My grandson had given everything that he had age appropriately. The Lord understands what we are capable of giving, and what we are not. He’s not looking for a limp lover, He is looking for someone willing to respond to the passion that He has for us. And truly that passion is great! But He does not expect what we cannot give, and will reward our giving our all no matter how feeble!

Father, help me to continue to pursue You with everything that I have, heart, mind, soul and strength. You are worthy of it all In Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment