Thursday, September 14, 2017

Therefore with joy you will draw water From the wells of salvation

It’s very easy to let the pressures and trials of life drag you down, and I’m speaking to myself this morning. You probably noticed that life is not easy! The verse at the head of this morning’s post, follows immediately on the heels of yesterday’s verse (Isaiah 12:2b), where we read “YAH, the LORD, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation.’ The first part of this verse reads “ Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid.”

So then three times in these two verses Isaiah mentions salvation, and he says “Therefore…” In other words the assurance of salvation gives us the possibility of drawing joy from this salvation in the same way that you draw water from a well. And it starts with a decision “I will trust and not be afraid.” in particular, it is a choice to trust, and it is a choice not to be afraid. Perhaps you are saying “That’s easier said than done!” Well it’s not going to happen, without the perspective of the assurance of salvation.

So when troubles come, and they mount up one after the other, I need to counsel myself and tell myself “The Lord is my strength and my song” and “I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,” and “Lord I cast all my cares upon you!”

Jesus specifically instructs us in this. When the disciples came back rejoicing that the evil spirits were subject to them he told them “Don’t rejoice that the evil spirits are subject to you, rather rejoice that your names are written in heaven!”

Father, help me this morning to get this all in perspective. These trials are but for a moment, but salvation is for ever. I choose to rejoice in You this morning, and I give You all the honour and glory and praise in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment