Friday, September 29, 2017

If Your Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here

What is it that makes us Christians different? What is it that makes me different? It’s not my natural charm, it’s not my dazzling wit nor my ability to overpower with theological arguments 😊, no it’s His presence. In the context of this quote from Exodus 33:15, Moses asks the Lord “What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?”

If it’s his presence that makes the difference, and it is, how shall we then live? As Bill Johnson is fond of saying, the Holy Spirit is in us for us, and on us for others. He illustrates this by saying that if we have a dove on our shoulder, we will walk around very carefully if we wish him to stay. It’s the same with the Holy Spirit. It’s not for nothing that we are told to be filled with the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18?). We definitely have a part to play, and we need to walk accordingly!

At a recent conference I had a word spoken over me that the spirit of Caleb is upon me. The distinguishing thing about Caleb, is that he fully followed the Lord. I have a lot to live up to, but it resonates with my heart, and I want to do this very thing. You see when we carry His presence, we carry grace and peace and hope and love and joy and healing. It is in His presence that all these things abound.

Father, Lord I greatly desire on that day to hear “Well done good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of your Lord.” So please help me Father day by day, to commit my day to You, to surrender to Your will, and to walk in Your Spirit moment by moment throughout the day. I can’t do this without You, but with You all things are possible. In Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment