Wednesday, June 6, 2018

A sower went out to sow

Being a fan of Winnie the Pooh, the phrase that comes immediately to mind is “That’s what tiggers do best.” I mean that’s what sowers do, they sow! And in the various word pictures the Scripture gives us of Kingdom increase, we see that the sower and the reaper are not necessarily the same person. Paul tells us for example that he had planted, Apollos had watered, but that it is God who gave the increase (1 Corinthians 3:6).

In these blog posts I am asking the Lord morning by morning, to give me something that is relevant to my life. At this point in time, this blogging is an important part of my quiet time. And As I look back over the last few posts, trying to get an overview of what the Lord is saying to me, the verbs that stand out have to do with perseverance, endurance, overcoming, steadfastness, sticktoitiveness and the like. But I’m not feeling that this is simply a bunch of admonitions, I am also feeling that behind these admonitions He is cheering me on, telling me that I can do it!

These instructions are so relevant and necessary. I suppose we all get discouraged at times, and over these last few days in particular, I have been struggling with discouragement as apparently, in spite of what I have been blogging, I have been looking more at circumstances, more at the lack of, or perhaps the slowness of the fruit, rather than keeping my eyes on Him! And the Holy Spirit brought the verse to mind that I had hidden in my heart “And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not” (Galatians 6:9).

Father, thank You for Your day by day encouragement. How well you know us, how well You know me! I cannot do this without You Lord. Thank You for Your involvement in my life, thank You that You know what we need even before we ask. Thank You for the relevance of Your Word, and how Your Spirit brings the exact verse that is needed at the exact time that it is needed. And I have needed it this morning Lord. In fact I’ve needed the step-by-step encouragement You have been giving me. And my prayer Lord is that others will receive the same encouragement that You are giving to me, as they read these blogs. And I give You all the honour, all the glory and all the praise in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment