Monday, June 4, 2018

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed in us and to us

If you are like me, there are times when the pain of others, my own pain and the dysfunction of the world including those I love, threatened to overwhelm me. This is part of the weight we were talking about recently (see archives). The Lord put this verse from Romans 8:18 on my heart this morning, and I felt Him asking me if I believed what I had been blogging recently. And the answer is yes, but that does not mean that I don’t wrestle with things, nor that it’s easy! But His question prompted me once again, to turn my eyes on Jesus, and to seek to see things from His perspective and from the perspective of eternity.

In the context of this morning’s verse, Paul had been reminding us that a mind set on the things of the Spirit, is life and health and peace (verse 6). The words of an ancient hymn come to mine “Though the wrong seems oft so strong, He is the ruler yet!” And it came to me again, that it’s not over yet, and that in the end we win. This is what the book of Revelation is all about! Our job is to keep hope in the midst of the chaos and the devastation, and with Paul to put our suffering in the here and now in the correct perspective.

And the correct perspective concerns the glory that is to be revealed in us, and to us. His glory is in fact revealed in us, as we stand, refuse to lose hope and trust and believe in the face of what to the world are impossible circumstances. And His incomparable glory will be revealed to us on that day. Everyone who has this hope based on Christ and His work keeps himself pure (1 John 3:3). And part of keeping ourselves pure, is to refuse to be offended, and to trust that in the end He will right every wrong, and that He, the God of all comfort, will wipe away every tear from our eyes!

Father, thank You for Your Word, thank You for Your promises, thank You that as I turn my eyes and my thoughts to You and Your kingdom, the peace returns. Thank You that You are the God of all comfort, and I ask You this morning Lord to comfort all who are struggling and wrestling with the weight that so easily besets us. Help us Lord to run with patience and endurance the race that You have set before us, so that Your glory may revealed in us and to us in Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment