Thursday, June 7, 2018

I complained to your boss

It took me a moment or two to catch on, but then he added “About the weather.” It must be the worst June so far since, I don’t know, Adam? I mean it was snowing the other day! The boss he was talking about is of course, the Lord. But here is a man who makes no profession of believing, but he knows that I’m a Christian. He was joking of course, complaining about the weather is an occupation in Newfoundland!

As I’m sure you know, there is much hostility in our culture towards Christians and the gospel. And there is much pressure not to talk about your faith. Given what I know and believe, there are times there that really bothers me. But sometimes the best way to preach the gospel, is to live the gospel. I’m not saying I do this perfectly, but my colleagues do know whose I am. And once they know then I need to live what I believe. That's probably why I never did put Christian bumper stickers on my car!

And when they are in trouble, they know who to come to. I remember a colleague coming after he had been diagnosed with cancer. And one thing I have found, is that even if people don’t believe, they are often very open to being prayed for, even there and then. And I have found too, that the Lord often touches them when I pray this way! So this relates to what I was blogging last day about comfort, since it is His intention that we pass on the comfort we receive to others (2 Corinthians 1:4). So this too is a way to preach the gospel!

Father, it’s very clear to me that people are watching, and that can be scary too, since I’m far from perfect. But what I think is more important than being perfect, is that I’m growing, that I’m willing to admit it when I’m wrong, and to apologize when I need to. And there are certainly times Lord that I need to speak. Please give me boldness at such times and help me not to miss the opportunities that You open up. And please open up many more of them In Jesus Name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment